Performance That Pays: SEO and Content Managed Sites
Ask any business owner: Do you want a web site that shows up on the first two pages of a Google or Yahoo! search or on page 11? The answer is "of course, page 1." But, even though the costs are relatively small to put themselves in a position to do this, most will balk at added fees to get there.
Over the past six months I have been trying to convince new and existing clients the value of a Content Managment System (CMS) for their web presence - instead of a brochure-style site. Most clients are concerned primarily with how their web site performs in their local market. Content managed sites that are built to web standards perform better - plain and simple. The additional cost to build a CMS are usually re-cptured by their strong search engine performance.
Google recently assigned new Page Ranks to all the sites it has indexed. All of the custom CMS solutions I have created have moved up in their Page Ranks and their search engine results, some have seen significant jumps.
Some sites that are virtually new have impressive Page Rank and search engine results already. Creux Salon is six months old. It has a Page Rank of 2 and is on the first page for a search of a Yahoo! and Google Search. DRC Law has a Page Rank of 4 after 6 months. (It was built from PDR Law.)
Other sites that have been around for a while are performing even better since they have been switched. Centennial Airport has a PR of 5, and their sub-pages now have a PR of 4. Synergy Salon's PR has improved and they've moved from page 10 to page 2 in a Google Search.
But it's the bottom line that matters. Your website is only good if it produces and enhances business. Great search engine performance can pay for the design costs in a couple of months. Most people will only look 2 to 3 pages deep in a search. If you aren't there you are NOT competing.
Sites that are properly built, search engine optimized, frequently updated and focused on their target markets are going to perform better and generate real leads and business.
Share this post:
Recent Blog / Articles
- LATHER. RINSE. REPEAT.
- Are You A Commodity?
- Find Your Voice
- Group Love
- Make Friends With Benefits
- FREE eBook: AVOIDING EXTINCTION
- Impress Design Receives 2013 Best of Parker Award
- There Are Known Knowns, You Know
- Show Member Chunk - MODX
- Three Ways To Make Google Work For You
- Adapt and Succeed
- 2012 Best of Parker Award
- Tortoise Or Hare
- Steve Jobs
- Creating Erin Says Blog
- Take Your Place - Google Places
- Impress Design Listed As A "Best Design Blog"
- Death To Stock Photography Business Teams
- How Sociable Are You?
- Be The Expert
- Series: How To Dominate Your Local or Niche Market
- Profile On Moleskinerie
- Learning From Charlotte's Web
- Web Design Process - What I Do
- The Golden Ratio and Design
- Colonel Mustard With A Candlestick
- It's Cheap, Easy & And You Da Man!
- Extinction Happens!
- Over the Rainbow: Email List Gold
- First Impressions Matter
- Why Build Your Site to Web Standards
- My Interview at Thumbtack
- The Importance of Creating A Brand
- Performance That Pays: SEO and Content Managed Sites
Learn what it takes to succeed and thrive as a small business online.
Email Marketing Manifesto
Change how you market to your customers with email.
Join the Newsletter
Keep up-to-date with new articles and marketing ideas