Creating Erin Says Blog
Erin Says is a blog about ... life. A lot of what Erin Moroni, the author, writes about are common, everyday events (and a lot of them are just plain crazy) as she and her family make their way through life.
What makes the blog unique is Erin’s perspective. She is the funniest woman I have ever met and her stories will make you smile. Within a couple of days of publishing the site she had over 500 pageviews and a couple of dozen comments. Just wait until she really gets going. As one reader put “I'll post something insightful as soon as my stomach cramps go away from laughing and I can actually see my key board."
The design for this site came as natural as is possible. She just seemed to be red and teal. There was no way to leave it out of the design. That said I also wanted to keep the design as simple and easy to use as possible. I also needed to plan for advertising to be a part of the design (because there’s no doubt she’s going to be successful!).
Aside from the regular blog features, I integrated her Facebook and her Twitter accounts to update automatically whenever she posts something new on the site. Her FB updates include the XFBML feed.
Share this post:
Recent Blog / Articles
- LATHER. RINSE. REPEAT.
- Are You A Commodity?
- Find Your Voice
- Group Love
- Make Friends With Benefits
- FREE eBook: AVOIDING EXTINCTION
- Impress Design Receives 2013 Best of Parker Award
- There Are Known Knowns, You Know
- Show Member Chunk - MODX
- Three Ways To Make Google Work For You
- Adapt and Succeed
- 2012 Best of Parker Award
- Tortoise Or Hare
- Steve Jobs
- Creating Erin Says Blog
- Take Your Place - Google Places
- Impress Design Listed As A "Best Design Blog"
- Death To Stock Photography Business Teams
- How Sociable Are You?
- Be The Expert
- Series: How To Dominate Your Local or Niche Market
- Profile On Moleskinerie
- Learning From Charlotte's Web
- Web Design Process - What I Do
- The Golden Ratio and Design
- Colonel Mustard With A Candlestick
- It's Cheap, Easy & And You Da Man!
- Extinction Happens!
- Over the Rainbow: Email List Gold
- First Impressions Matter
- Why Build Your Site to Web Standards
- My Interview at Thumbtack
- The Importance of Creating A Brand
- Performance That Pays: SEO and Content Managed Sites
Learn what it takes to succeed and thrive as a small business online.
Email Marketing Manifesto
Change how you market to your customers with email.
Join the Newsletter
Keep up-to-date with new articles and marketing ideas